The Shaker Mount Lebanon’s North Family Dairy Barn is the largest stone barn in the Northeast and the Old Chatham Shaker Museum’s new home.
One of New Lebanon’s first settlers was “Lucky” James Hitchcock. He took a dip in the town’s warm springs in 1756. The warm springs were famous for many years. People came to New Lebanon to “take the waters” and cure their illnesses.
The warm spring is at the top of Spring Hill Road in Lebanon Springs. Indians discovered the warm springs and brought the first white man, Lt. James Hitchcock, to the springs to bathe in the healing waters in 1756.
The Indian’s Blessing Fountain, located on Route 22 in Lebanon Springs, was erected by the Lebanon Valley Garden Club in 1940 to bring the curative waters from the Warm Spring for the befit of mankind.
The site of the first free public library was established on March 12, 1804 by Jessee Torry, father of the public library movement. This site is located on West Street in New Lebanon.
The Cemetery of the Evergreens is the site of the massive stone monument of New York State Governor, Samual J. Tilden who died in 1886.